You can now use Microsoft Intune to send (custom) push notifications to mobile devices. This is a welcome feature requested by users for a while.
Currently the notifications are limited to iOS and Android devices.
You can use it in a scenario to inform your users about downtime or to quickly inform them about other stuff.
Microsoft doen’t recommend using it for sensitive communication or urgent messaging.
- Microsoft Intune
- Group with users
- Devices must have the Company Portal-app installed
- Google Play services on Android devices.
- Notifications are limited to 50 character title and 500 character messages
- Intune doesn’t save your message
- You can send 25 messages per hour.
- Messages are send to users only. Groups can contain devices, but users are targeted.
- Intune attempts to deliver the message up to one hour after the message is send.
Send a Push message with Microsoft Intune
- First log in to the Azure portal.
- Go to [Microsoft Intune]
- Choose [Devices]
- Choose [Send custom notifications]
Specify the [Title] and [Body] with a custom message
Assign a group with Users. (The group can have devices mixed in it, but i will target users only)
Check the [Summary] and click [Create] to send out the push notification.
You can see the notification is send out successfully.
The end user is presented with the custom notification. In my case it took between 5 and 10 minutes for the push notification to arrive.
Logging / history
At the moment there is no logging or history data available for custom messages.
Thanks again for reading.
If you want to read more you can visit: