Microsoft has released a stable version of the new Edge Browser. Currently in Microsoft Intune it is only possible to deploy the Beta- & Dev-release of the browser with the default application deployment set.
My expectation is that the stable / GA version will follow shortly in the beginning of 2020.
The Stable-release currently is the same version as the beta, but without the branding.
- First download the stable version from here: Microsoft Edge Stable
- Run the online installer: MicrosoftEdgeSetup.exe (So we can get the offline installer)
- Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\EdgeUpdate\Download\
- Find the MicrosoftEdge_X64_79.0.309.18.exe in the folder. This is the Offline Installer.
- Package the file with the Microsoft Win32 Content Prep Tool.
- Example: IntuneWinAppUtil -c c:\temp -s MicrosoftEdge_X64_79.0.309.18.exe -o c:\temp
- Add the application to Microsoft Intune
- Add the app type: Windows App Win32
- Select the .intunewin file
- Fill in a name and description
- Install commands below in code (wordpress doens’t like to formatting)
Install command: MicrosoftEdge_X64_79.0.309.18.exe --system-level Uninstall command: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application\79.0.309.18\Installer\setup.exe" --uninstall --system-level
- OS architecture: 64bit
- Detection Rules -> Registry
- Key Path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Microsoft Edge
- Value Name: Version
- Detection Method: String comparison
- Operator: Equals
- Value: 79.0.309.18
You can now choose to publish the app to your users trough the a required install or the company portal.
You can see that the application is installed: