Microsoft has temporarily disabled this feature from Microsoft Intune. There were still some bugs to fix.
I will post a update when the feature becomes available again.
Microsoft Intune (or Microsoft Endpoint Manager as its called nowadays) has gotten a quality update to make your life a bit easier.
You now have the ability to create a Windows 10 device configuration policy to remove the following Windows built-in apps:
- Mixed Reality Viewer
- MSN Weather
- App Installer
- Microsoft Tips
- My Office
- Microsoft Solitaire Collection
- Mobile Plans
- Feedback Hub
- Groove Music
Where you needed a Powershell script before or adding all the application trough the Windows Store for Business with an uninstall-rule, you now only have to create an policy.
But, ofcourse there is still room for improvement. the current implementation comes with some limitations:
- You cannot specify specific apps.
- You can only enable of disable the removal (so it’s all or nothing)
Lets hope this will improve over time.
Here are the steps to configure the build-in apps removal:
- Go to the Microsoft Endpoint Manager admin center
- Select Devices > Configuration profiles > Create profile.
- Then, select Windows 10 and later as the Platform.
- Select Device restrictions as the Profile type.
- Select App Store in the Device restrictions pane.
- At the bottom of the pane next to Remove built-in apps, select Remove.
- Assign the policy to the preferred group.